A Guide To The Classic Sock Bun
Always wonder how Kim K and all of the other starlets manage to get those great high buns!? They never manage to have a flimsy, awkward one- which is pretty simple for the average girl to do without much effort. No, they weren't born with an absurd amount of hair- well most of them anyway! They have help from a simple sock! Now before spending money on something, just check out this tutorial that will take a ragged wardrobe piece and change it to your favorite up-do accessory.
- Start with second day hair, this works best because your natural oils will help everything stay in place.
- Create a pony tail with your favorite Kitsch hair tie. Now it can be a low ponytail, mid-range or even high and dramatic. Choose what works best for you. I went for a higher option.
- Take an old sock, cut off the toe and roll it into a doughnut shape.
- Use that sock and place it over your ponytail, so that it rests on top of your Kitsch hair tie.
- Grab another Kitsch hair tie and secure over hair that's been placed around the sock bun.
- Use a hand held mirror to adjust the pieces so that you don't have straggly bits. Feel free to use additional hair ties, or bobbi pins in order to secure loose hairs.
- Make the bun your own! It can be messy, neat or a little bit in between. I chose to go a bit more on the messy side, because I see the beauty in imperfections.
Are you going to do a high bun this holiday? How are you going to make it your own!?