A Simple Fall Style Guide
One of the biggest dilemmas I have around the holidays is "what to wear" (okay- let's be honest, it's an every day dilemma, but it has extra stress around the holidays). There will undoubtedly be photos taken by family, you may even need to make multiple stops, and you always want to make sure that you are comfortable. Here are some tips for putting together your ultimate Thanksgiving outfit.
- Go For Gold I know I've said it before, but I will say it again- Move over silver! This fall is all about the gold tones. You can be sure to dress up any outfit by throwing in some classy gold, or be bold and go for the multi-tonal look. Rose gold always has a special place in my heart, but feel free to be creative and mix to your liking!
- Cranberry Isn't Just For Your Plate Cranberry hues have been so eye catching lately! Whether you decide to rouge your lips, or go for a wholly inspired look (I love the playsuit I found from Nastygal, everyone from your boyfriend to grandma will be impressed!) it's a must for this holiday!
- Love Layers Whether it's scarves, tunics, or kitsch hair ties- make sure that you've got the layered look mastered! You'll probably be going between cozy kitchens and drafty driveways so having layers is essential. You don't want to catch a holiday bug and be out of order for black friday shopping!
- Finger Licking Fashion Make sure that your digits are fully taken care of before this event. With all the hand shaking, hand holding and eating you want to make sure that you are looking your best from head to TOE.
- BOOTS! Must I say more!? It's fall, if you haven't gotten your favorite pair of boots for this season... do it! Especially before Thanksgiving! Even a lazy outfit of leggings and an oversized t can be made much more sophisticated with the right pair of boots!
What are you planning on wearing this holiday!?