Have your locks been missing out on some va-va-voom lately? Why not plump it up with a few awesome tips.
1. Whatever your hair type, lather up with a clarifying shampoo weekly, then immediately replenish lost moisture and elasticity (the bounce-factor that's key to scoring swingy strands) with a thickening rinse-out conditioner. This will help get rid of any residue from using your regular hair routine, leaving you weightless and squeaky clean!
2. Use a texturizing powder, skip the hairspray. The powder will give an extra lift and also grab any extra oil that may be laying around.
3. Blow dry your hair with a blast of cool, this will leave strands big and beautiful!
1. Find your hair's inner strength by packing your breakfast plate with protein (the lowest supply of amino-acid-rich blood flow is in the a.m.). Add some lovely omega-3's (Chia seeds anyone!?) and make sure you grab your protein. This will help your body build hair that is rich in keratin. Why pay for treatments when you can just have healthy locks??
2. Hair, Skin or Nail pills? Just opt for a multi-vitamin that will help you get the basics straight, this will help your hair grow more healthy, which will mean less breakage.
3. Stimulate growth naturally by simply massaging your scalp when you shampoo: The movement helps increase blood flow to hair follicles.
1.Don't use a professional hair dryer, you probably need one with about 1/2 the power. This will make it so that your hair doesn't get used to the intense heat, and is more easy to manage. Always make sure you prep your hair with a heat friendly treatment!
3. Take time once a week for TLC. For thick or course hair, use a moisturizing mask laced with mega-hydrators such as marula oil, as well as soy proteins and shea butter, or douse strands with a botanical oil, which acts as a Band-Aid, filling in gaps in the cuticle. For finer strands, a lighter, milkier treatment can be a gorgeous-hair game changer (think of it like an oil-free serum for skin).
4. The healthier your hair, the more smoothly the tiny scales that make up the cuticle lie, which increases light reflection. To get a shine boost stat, swap goopy glosses for a sheer mist.
5. Frayed ends beyond repair? GET IT TRIMMED! Every six weeks, just the splittys... your hair will be happier for it!
With the long awaited arrival of the Great Gatsby, it's time to get inspired! Throw on a glittery gown, and some fabulous accessories to really channel your inner roaring 20's diva. Make sure to keep your makeup and nails to a minimum, so that the glitter takes center stage.
Ps- check out the awesome infinity bracelet and hair ties in our store!
I know I keep saying over and over again how fantastic coconut oil is, BUT here is a great little trick that is going to make your skin silky smooth, and summer soft. The hem line keeps getting shorter, so you better keep your legs prepared!
Not only does this moisturize, but it smells fantastic! AND IS CHEAP! Don't splurge on other exfoliators, because I'm sure we've all learned the importance of a good rub down before the spray tan!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
No fuss! Just mix it together, and you are ready to go! One great trick is during a hot shower to rub it into the dry areas, and then let it sit. Kind of like conditioner for your skin!
Trying to figure out what to do today with your work makeup? Well here are three looks that are ALWAYS fashionably hot. Choosing the one thing you can't do wrong, now that's always a fantastic choice! These models came straight off of the 2013 runways!
The right amount of moisturizer, and a beautiful coverage of imperfections will leave you with a dewy, perfect glow. It's basically looking like you've got perfect skin, even when that may not be the case! Making sure that you're adequately hydrated, well exfoliated, and then using a good foundation will really go a long way!
If you're going to go for a bold day-time lip, always make sure that you keep the eyes understated. A bit of mascara will go a long way, and really make it so that you stay chic and not over the top. Every person has their shade of red, it's just a matter of finding it!
Want to add a bit of drama to your daytime routine? Go for a smokey eye, and classic nude lip. This pairing will make even the most daring look more ladylike. Going out for dinner after work? Easy! Just make sure you use a blot powder to set your makeup and bring a fun gloss for the night out. Keep it nude for the day, and maybe throw in a soft peach for after hours. The options are endless!
The Kitsch blog is here to discuss and share all things Kitsch, from our elastic hair ties and headbands that are kind on your hair, cute on your wrist, to our super cool sometimes vintage jewelry. We'll have fun photo sharing contests and giveaways, informative how-to guides, and and other random awesomeness. All are welcome to participate!